Last updated: ...05.28.2015 17:35
Return to MTARS Main Page
Minutes of meetings as follows:
May 14, 2015
The Middle Tennessee Amateur Radio Society met May 14, 2015 at the First Presbyterian Church in Tullahoma at 7:00 pm.
Officers present were President Randy Bee, W4WRB and secretary George Stone WD4CYV.
Treasure Michael Boyea KE4KMG and Vice president Michael Glennon KB4JHU were absent.
1. The minutes of previous meeting taken by Tom Baskin AF4JJ were read.
Motion to approve by Eric Sutherland AJ4QR , seconded by Jerry Ewell N4GE and passed unanimously
2. Mike Boyea KE4KMG sent a copy of treasurers report which was read by George Stone WD4CYV. Motion to approved by Eric Southerland AJ4QR , second by Tim Harrison KD4ZQT, passed unanimously. (this report will be attached to these minutes)
3. Meeting went outside for a program by Chris Waldrup K4PBJ on thermite welding.
4. There were no committee reports due to absence of committee members.
5. Mike Hamby KI4UJY gave a report on the recent AUXCOM exercise held at Deason, TN at the fire academy.
6. Eric Southerland AJ4QR made motion for $500 to equip the club trailer with hardware
for radios, chairs, table and tie downs for radio. Second by KW4LO and passed unanimously.
7. Eric Southerland AJ4QR made motion to purchase hf radio for club trailer. There was much discussion and this motion died for lack of a second.
8. New business Mike Hamby KI4UJY will head up the support for the Mach 10 triathlon. on June 6.
We will also support the Elk River 100 Bicycle race on Sept 12, and Manchester Triathlon on Labor day weekend.
9. Field day was discussed and it will be a 3 club event with details to be worked out later. It will be held at Old Stone Fort and the point of contacts will be Michael Glennon KB4JHU for MTARS, David Brown W4ODB for the Short Mountain repeater Club and Randy Bee W4WRB for the Bedford County Amateur Radio Club.
10. Motion by Eric Southerland AJ4QR to adjourn, second by Jack Hennon W4OWX, and passed unanimously.
October 9, 2014
Randy, W4WRB, acting President, opened meeting at 7 pm. 27 were present.
KK4BBG (Jarred), KI4UJY (Mike H.), W4OWX (Jack) and KB4JHU (Mike G.) presented the program: go boxes
Randy called for introductions for new members/visitors.
Minutes of meeting read by Tom (AF4JJ) Motioned by George (WD4CYV) and 2nd by Ed (W7LGD) and was accepted as read.
Treasury Report read by Mike Boyea (KE4KMG)
Checking account has $114.72 via bank statement Savings has $9005.00 Total: $9122.42
Discussed cost of shirts, school projects and other expenditures
Treasury report was motioned to be accepted by Mike H (KI4UJY) and 2nd by Buddy (KA4DLW): was accepted as read.
Mike Boyea (KE4KMG) mentioned due paying time again if wanted to pay early.
Technical Committee: Talked about the 82 is linked to Huntsville now, protocol is still being worked on as to when to link and what to say.
Jess (KR4OJ) and Randy (W4WRB) went back to the 70 and checked on stuff, changed some stuff.
Tom (AF4JJ) talked of solar panel clean-up at the 70 and mentioned how nice the power has been via solar panels when power was off. No right angle for panels, just angled for debris and rain to drop off.
82 is linked on Thursdays for weather net training (or just one Thursday?) Looking into how to report, what to report, how to say---still being talked about.
Tina (AK4AX) told about online spotter classes
Franklin County will have live spotter coming up.
Suggest what you want the Tech com to look into.
Echolink is up and running
Ed (W7LGD) has Tullahoma Hamfest set up for March already with church. Mike G (KB4JHU) is going to place article about it in QST magazine. George (WD4CYV) is going to check on fee owed.
Mike H (KI4UJY) is in charge for Christmas party on 2nd Thursday in Dec and Executive Committee makes the decision where. Voted on and passed. Mike H. motioned to accept and Randy 2nd
Tim (KD4ZTQ) talked about the website and domain name, which will be left to Tim to get a name and get it done. The ayes had the vote. Mike G motioned and Jarred 2nd
Oct. 24 is Ragnor Race, which was discussed. Who is helping and where? George motioned to have club support so insurance will cover those who want to do it. Voted on and ayes had it.
Mike G motioned to adjourn and Jarred 2nd…end of meeting
Respectfully submitted by Tina AK4AX Club Secretary
Send U.S. Post Office mail to:
MTARS, P.O. Box 932, Tullahoma, TN 37388
Return to MTARS Main Page