Re: [SI-LIST] : Decoupling capacitors (again!)

From: Henry Ott ([email protected])
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 13:14:44 PDT

Larry:

Your comments are correct about what is special about the Zycon 2-mil
laminate.

Although Hadco (Zycon) has patented the two-mil thick laminate that they
call ZBC-2000, it is available from many sources. Zycon refers to this
this technology as "Buried Capacitance."

The attached pdf file lists the printed circuit board fabricators that
are licensed to Zycon to manufacture boards using this technology. As
of 1997, the date of my list, there were 24 printed circuit board
fabricators licensed to Zycon to manufacture boards using this
technology, and six fabricators licensed to produce the special ZBC-2000
laminate.

By the way, the technology works very well for decoupling above about 70
MHz.

Hope that the above is helpful to you all.

I am off to the the EMC Symposium in Washington, DC now.

Henry Ott
Henry Ott Consultants
(973) 992-1793
www.hottconsultants.com