[SI-LIST] : IBIS accuracy Texas Instrument C6211

From: Martin J Thompson ([email protected])
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 06:40:34 PDT

Hi all,
Is anyone out there using the TMS320C6211 or C6711 DSP's? The IBIS model I've been given seems to have very wimpy buffers for such a device. The rise/fall information is
[Ramp]
| I(typ) I(min) I(max)
dV/dt_r 1.386/0.59n NA NA
dV/dt_f 1.453/0.32n NA NA

which seems very slow. According to Hyperlynx the driver impedance is around 30 ohms! How they can expect this to drive a bunch of memory devices I'm not sure. It has 4 chip selects, so the address lines should be capable of driving anywhere between 4 and 8 "typical" loads - or am I wrong in assuming this!?

Would anyone like to comment?

Thanks,
Martin

TRW Automotive Advanced Product Development,
Stratford Road, Solihull, B90 4GW. UK
Tel: +44 (0)121-627-3569
mailto:[email protected]