Re: [SI-LIST] : Measuring parasitic values

From: Michael Nudelman ([email protected])
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 18:35:25 PDT

Barry,

What we do is simply connect TDR from, say, a Tek Scope to a transmission line (powered down) and look for anything out of the ordinary. Say, we have a connector, then a via, then a transmission line of known length, then
a via again, then a chip with 50 Ohm termination. Everything looks familiar. Once you see anything unfamiliar (and the TDR will let you easily judge, what it is - open, close, capacitance, wrong termination, wrong charact.
impedance, etc) - you know what you are dealing with.

Hey, Anritsu makes something like this. We use their BERTs.