Send email to:
CARS Officers/Directors/Administrators -
Local Tuesday and Thursday Night Nets
||High Springs Radio Rangers
||Dixie ARES Net
||Gilchrist ARES Net
||Columbia ARES Net
||Alachua ARES Net
||Suwannee ARES Net
- A great Weather website by ham operator W1APE
- Cheap QSL Cards
With 140 different QSL designs, we have a QSL card to please you and
within your QSL price budget. We have the USA's lowest priced QSL
cards! Secure online shopping.
Radio Relay Leage (ARRL)
- The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national
association for amateur radio, connecting to hams around the U.S. with
news, information and ...
- Emergency Communications
- Domestic Preparedness must read!
- American Preppers Network
- The American Preppers Network (APN) is a non-profit
corporation and part of a growing international movement of people who
call themselves preppers.
- eHam.net is a Web site dedicated to ham radio (amateur
- Ham Universe
- Your Ham Radio Universe of fun and information for amateur
- Columbia Amateur Radio
- CARS amateur radio club located in Lake City, FL - Tuesday
Net at 7 pm - 145.490 -.600 no PL
- Feld Hell Club
- Our club is dedicated to Hellschreiber, or Hell, a unique,
HF digital mode for sending and receiving text using facsimile
technology in which the characters are not decoded, but "painted"
graphically on a screen for the operator to interpret.
- High Springs
- Dixie Amateur Radio Club - Tuesday Net at 8:15 pm - 146.520
Simplex and 50.135 MHz at 8:30PM Tuesday
- Now we are adding a six-meter SSB simplex net on 50.135 MHz
at 8:30PM Tuesday, immediately following the two meter FM net. We chose
that frequency because almost all six meter SSB activity is
concentrated at the low end of the band and existing antennas are cut
for the low end. The net uses horizontal polarization because virtually
all installed six meter antennas are horizontally polarized, and a 40
meter dipole is also a 7/2 wave dipole on 6. Anyone with a 40 meter
dipole and a relatively new HF rig can work this net! Of course, all
else being equal, six meter SSB will have much greater coverage than
either two meter FM or SSB. Since an increasing fraction of HF rigs
offer six meter coverage, we are hoping to encourage hams to use that
capability and participate. We are hoping this longer range net will
complement the two meter net and enhance our EMCOM capability. Anyone
who wants to install a dedicated six meter antenna should contact me, [email protected].
I’ve been a six meter operator for almost 60 years, and I can show them
some effective and inexpensive home-brew alternatives to buying pricey
- The Knights (and Ladies) of the Kilocycle
- The Knights (and Ladies) of the Kilocycle is Ham Radio's
oldest continous net, meeting every Sunday at 7:30 A.M Eastern time on
3.910 since 1929. Some of the group also meets daily Monday through
Saturday also on 3910 calling themselves the "Old Goats" net.
- Suwannee Amateur Radio Club
- The Suwannee County ARES/Emergency Preparedness NET is held
every Thursday at 8:30pm - 145.410 PL-100.0
- Knuckle Draggers Net
- Knuckle Draggers Net starts at 8PM on 7.215 MHz every
- Traders Net
- 0800 Wednesday on 3.910 MHz
- 0800 Sunday on 3.933 MHz
- California - Hawii Net
- 1200 - 1330 on 14.340 MHz
- Navy Net
- NAVY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
- 7.245 MHz pre net at 0700 - 0800 net from 0800 - 0900
- The navy amateur radio club has been on the air since 3
March 1979, currently 7 days a week, and has 254 active nembers at this
time. To be eligible for membership you must have had honorable service
in either the Navy, Marines, Coast Guard or Reserve components. Each
new member is assigned a membership number which at the present time is
NFL December 2019
- What’s Inside….
- Page 2 Ride for MS
- Page 3 Five Flags ARS Update
- Page 4 New 4:1 Balun
- Page 5 TARS/TARC Support Bike Ride
- Page 6 2020 Amateur Radio Communiccations Conference
- Page 8 LMARS Outings
- Page 9 Florida Winlinkers help with GA Exercise
- Sun Spots
- What the Numbers Mean, and Propagation Predictions--a brief
introduction to propagation and the major factors affecting it. From
The N3UJJ Amateur (Ham) Radio Web Site covers many topics, from HF to
VHF, Software Defined Radios, Digital Modes and Antenna Design and
- The Most Effective Ham Radio Statewide Network. I have
talked to Eric KJ4YZI on Sarnet, he has several very good video's.
- How to fill out QSL Cards
- Even if you do not intend on sending out QSLs to stations
you work it is a good idea to have them on hand so you can reply to
those you receive.
- AmateurLogic.TV is the first and longest running Internet
television program dedicated to Amateur Radio and Technology.
- David Casler
- I create ham radio training videos as well as videos on
other ham radio topics, including technical and operating topics. My
goal is to help those new to ham radio progress through the ranks and
enjoy the hobby to its fullest.
- Shows maximum current for wire size
Resistor Color Chart
Communicating with Other Hams - Contact Basics: Good Amateur Practices
Learn the Phonetic Alphabet
- ARRL Frequency Band Chart
- Do Not Transmit on any frequency that you do not have
The R-S-T system is used by amateur radio operators, shortwave
listeners, and other radio hobbyists to exchange information about the
quality of a radio signal being received
- The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation, or AMSAT, is a
worldwide group of Amateur Radio Operators (Hams). It was formed in the
District of Columbia in 1969 as an educational organization
- How to Track Satellites
- This site provides detailed information about amateur radio
contests throughout the world, including their scheduled dates/times,
rules summaries, log submission information and links to the official
rules as published by the contest sponsors.
- ARRL Contest
- The goal of Amateur Radio contesting is to contact as many
stations as possible during the contest period. Every contest has
- Parks On
- Parks on the Air SM (POTA) site for portable amateur radio
operations that promote emergency awareness and communications from
national and state/province level parks.
- POTA YouTube Video
- Short video about Parks On The Air
- For you ham radio operators out there that never
participate in amateur radio contests you will want to do this one. The
13 Colonies contest is a fun contest held from 0900 hrs. eastern July 1
through 1159. hrs eastern July 7
The ten most common tower mistakes
- Station Grounding
- Station Grounding for Amateur Radio
- 6 Band hexagonal beam antenna covering 6, 10, 12, 15, 17,
and 20 meter bands The NA4RR broadband hexagonal beam is not a "kit".
This is a plug-and-play design that not only fits your budget but is
easy to assemble.
ANTENNAS & ELECTRONICS LLC
- 1/2 wave dipole, OCF dipole, windom, full wave loop, end
fed, inverted L, portable end fed antenna, long wire, SWL antenna, fan
dipole, multiband dipole, G5RV
- Ham Universe
- vertical bazooka antenna
- Products for Amateur & Professional Radio Since 1976
- DAVIS RF Co., Davis Associates, Inc., and its affiliate,
Orion Wire Corporation provide electronic and electrical wire, cable,
RF connectors, DSP audio filters, rope, non-conductive guy cables for
aerial or tower support; plus sundry aerial related parts. Davis RF
also furnishes wire and cable design and end product for almost any
form of specialty cable or custom application. Our services are
providing high quality products for numerous industries and interests
such as the government, military, avionics, oceanographic, robotics,
medical, marine, automotive, microwave, and the amateur radio hobby.
Our company philosophy supports a high level of quality products and
exceptionally attractive pricing.
BELDEN 9913F Detailed Specifications & Technical Data
LMR-400 Detailed Specifications & Technical Data
- Palomar Engineers provides ferrite and iron power core
products for radio communication and (RFI/EMI) interference suppression
from 100 Khz to 1000 Mhz.
- Ham Equipment
- QRZ Call Sign
- World's leading amateur radio callsign database news,
technical articles, QSL routes, online Logbook, discussion forums,
practice licence ...
- QTH Swap
- Buy, sell, trade HF and VHF equipment, towers, antennas
...Free Ham Radio Classified Ads
- Radio Gear, Computer Gear, Treasure Hunting, Maker
Supplies, Emergency Prep, etc.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING:
Meeting at Lake City Baptist Temple
click for map
MEETING TOPIC: TBD
NEXT SCHEDULED LICENSE TESTING:
Monday, March 22, 7:00 pm
Lake City Baptist Temple
click for map
Testing is also available on request.
Click for What
you MUST bring.
NEXT BOARD MEETING
Sunday, April 18 at
Lake City Baptist Temple 2:00pm