Click here to scroll to the right spot on this page.
Interested in configuring the DROID-Star app for DMR?
Click here to scroll to the right spot on this page.
Available 'Local' DMR Nets On The NEDECN system repeaters...
Maine Dirigo Net... Every Sunday at 10am ET on talk group #3123
New England Digital Swap Net... Every Monday evening at 7:30pm ET
New England DMR Net... Every Monday evening at 8pm ET on talk
Waldo County DMR Eagle Net... Every Tuesday evenings at 7:30pm on
Vermont State DMR Net... Every Tuesday evening at 8pm ET on
Pine State ARC DMR Net... Every Tuesday evenings immediately
St. Croix Valley ARC DMR Get Together... Every Wednesday evenings
YCCC Contesting & DX Net... Every Wednesday evening at 8pm ET
New Hampshire State DMR Net... Every Thursday evening at 8pm ET
Providence Radio Association Net... Every Sunday evening at 8pm ET
(Also, aside from the nets on the local talkgroup #9 single site locations,
* ^ 312326, Biddeford, KC1ALA, 146.750, CC-1
* 310258, Boothbay Harbor, K1XI, 145.200-, CC-12
* 312308, Buckfield (Streaked Mtn), K1YFY, 145.320-, CC-12
* 312303, Calais (Hinckey Hill), W1LH, 147.045+, CC-1
* 312313, Camden (Ragged Mtn), K1XI, 145.370-, CC-12
* 312306, Dexter, KB1UAS, 145.220-, CC-12
* 312310, Dresden (Blinn Hill), N1UGR, 145.430-, CC-12
* 312301, Falmouth (Blackstrap Hill), W1IMD, 145.340-, CC-12
* 310261, Fort Kent, KC1FRJ, 145.200-, CC-12
* 310259, Gouldsboro, KC1FRJ, 145.210-, CC-12
* 312311, Holden (Copeland Hill), N1ME, 145.310-, CC-10
* 312220, Kibby Twp (Kibby Mtn), W1FCA, 145.120-, CC-11
* 312309, Knox (Aborn Hill), W1EMA, 145.420-, CC-12
* 312312, Lincoln (Bagley Mtn), KC1FRJ, 145.350-, CC-12
* 312320, Litchfield (Danforth Hill), N1ITR, 146.700-, CC-12
* 312304, New Sharon (York Hill), W1BHR, 145.140-, CC-11
* 310198, Presque Isle (Quaggy Jo Mtn), KC1FRJ, 145.180-, CC-12
* 312316, Sidney (Quaker Hill), KQ1L, 145.240-, CC-12
* 312300, Shapleigh (Fort Ridge), K1DQ, 145.110-, CC-4
* 310358, Smyrna (Bear Mtn), KC1FRJ, 145.190-, CC-12
* 310358, Smyrna (Bear Mtn), KC1FRJ, 147.090+, CC-12
* 312302, Topsham, N1IPA, 145.190-, CC-13
(? ...listed but either not active or for future plans )
* 312321, Farmington (Mosher Hill), W1BHR, 442.400+, CC-11
* ? 312225, Farmington (Mosher Hill), W1BHR, 442.400+, CC-11
* ^ 310440, Hiram, W1IMD, 448.575-, CC-2
* ^ 312324, Machias, W1BSB, 444.500+, CC-1
* ^ 310389, Machias, KC1KPC, 444.500+, CC-1
* ^ 312322, Raymond, N1XBM, 448.425-, CC-1
* ^ 312339104, South Portland, WA1RB, 434.000+, CC-1
* ^ 312315, Turner (Snell Hill), KB1VFA, 442.700+, CC-1
* ^ 312318, West Bath, N1XBM, 449.775-, CC-1
( ^ ...Talk Groups may be on different Time Slots per repeater)
* Local (Single site repeater), TG 9, TS 2
* ~ Maine Midcoast, TG 31234, TS 1
* Maine Statewide, TG 3123, TS 2
* New Hampshire Statewide, TG 3133, TS 2
* SKYWARN for ME & NH, TG 759, TS 1
* ~ Maine Event TAC1, TG 31231, TS 1
* ~ Maine Event TAC2, TG 31232, TS 2
* ~ ^ New Brunswick, TG 3029, TS 2
* ~ ^ Vermont Statewide, TG 3150, TS 2
* ~ ^ Massachusetts Statewide, TG 3125, TS 2
* Region North, TG 8, TS 2
* New England Wide, TG 3181, TS 2
* New England TAC1, TG 8801, TS 1
* New England TAC2, TG 8802, TS 2
* NEDECN Parrot/Echo server, TG 9998, TS 1
* Northeast USA, TG 3172, TS 1
* DMR+ USA, TG 133, TS 1
* North America, TG 3, TS 1
* TAC-310, TG 310, TS 1
* TAC-311, TG 311, TS 1
* TAC-312, TG 312, TS 1
* Worldwide English, TG 13, TS 1
* Worldwide, TG 1, TS 1
* User Activated 1 (English), TG 113, TS 1
* User Activated 2 (English), TG 123, TS 1
* User Activated 1 (Any language), TG 119, TS 1
* User Activated 2 (Any language), TG 129, TS 1
Please note that this is an older version (0.55-beta). All newer versions after late 2021
require separate vocoder software that allows you to send and receive audio in the app. The
older version I have available here, has the vocoder integrated within the app. This change
was made due to some kind of licensing issue at the time. Installing that separate vocoder,
and getting it to work properly, seemed to often times cause a lot of frustration. With
that said, I decided to save the older version I still had on my older cell phone and upload
it to my data folder on my webpage here to help you avoid that headache. You may get a
warning for downloading this app from an unknown source but hopefully you consider me legit.
Next, find and tap the install button.
Once it's downloaded and installed, open it.
You should have tabs along the top labeled, "Main", "Settings", "Log", etc.
Go to the "Settings" tab.
Once on the "Settings" tab, at the minimum, you'll need to enter the following...
* Callsign (Enter your callsign)|
* DMRID (If you do not have a DMR ID, go to www.radioid.net to register for one)
* Location (Recommended as it will show up on the IPSC2 online dashboard)
* DMR+ Opts (For example, enter "TS2_1=3123" to hear the "Maine Statewide" talkgroup)
Below is a screenshot showing where to enter everything.
Click on it for a separate window enlargement...
There are many talkgroups that can be added and many that can't be. The talkgroups
that would relate most to us here in Maine (that are available) are the following...
* TS2_1=3123 (Maine Statewide)|
* TS2_2=3133 (New Hampshire Statewide)
* TS2_3=3150 (Vermont Statewide)
* TS2_4=3125 (Massachusetts Statewide)
* TS2_5=3181 (New England Wide)
* TS2_6=8802 (New England TAC 2)
* TS2_7=3022 (Quebec)
* TS2_8=3029 (New Brunswick)
* TS1_1=759 (SKYWARN for ME & NH)
* TS1_2=8801 (New England TAC 1)
* TS1_3=3172 (Northeast USA)
* TS1_4=3 (North America)
Also, in case you decide to download the newest version from the Google Play store or if
the newest version mistakenly auto-updated, I have also provided the vocoder software for
you to easily get to by clicking here. As for getting it to install and work, I can only
offer a sincere good luck and advise you to look up YouTube videos for any further help.
For a little bonus info, this DROID-Star app can also get you into other digital modes and places
of interest around our area...
* Mode='FCS' & Host='FCS00339' ...gets you into "UFB New England" (ME's YSF linked repeaters)|
* Mode='REF' & Host='REF039' & Module='C' ...gets you into "Maine Statewide D-Star" (RX only)
* Mode='REF' & Host='REF050' & Module='C' ...gets you into "New England D-Star" (RX only)
* Mode='YSF' & Host='US-WolfDen' ...gets you into the "Wolf Pack Repeater System" (MA & NH)
Bass Hill Radio DMR Web Page
New England DMR Web Page
New Brunswick DMR Web Page
DMR Database Search
DMR ID registration page
DMR Repeater World Map for DMR-MARC
World Network Map
(shows nets and special events)
DMR HT radio comparisons
DMR For Dummies
W1DLO's codeplugs for Maine...
(I do not add contact lists to recent updated codeplugs anymore due to undesirable constant up
keep. It is a lot easier now-a-days to save the c-Bridge's "Call Watch" on PCs, laptops, tablets,
and smart phones and look on there to see who you are/were rag chewing with.)
TYT/Tytera MD-380 (most popular)... Updated on 1/14/17
Get my MD-380 codeplug "with contacts" by clicking here.
View or buy a MD-380 by clicking here.
Connect Systems CS580 (what W1DLO primarily uses)... Updated (11/15/19)
Get my CS580 "VHF" codeplug by clicking here.
Get my CS580 "UHF" codeplug by clicking here.
View or buy a CS580 by clicking here.
Connect Systems CS701... Updated (11/17/19)
Get my CS701 codeplug with contacts by clicking here.
Replaced by the CS751, view or buy one by clicking here.
Connect Systems CS801... Updated (11/16/19)
Get my CS801 codeplug by clicking here.
Get a CS801 contact list by clicking here. Updated (8/11/17)
View or buy a CS801 by clicking here.
In the MD-380 software, click the
"General Settings" tab, enter your
new DMR-MARC ID in the "Radio ID"
field, and then save it. Changing
the "Radio Name" and/or the "Intro
Screen" lines are optional but not
a necessity. If you were successful
in doing any or all of that, the
codeplug should be all ready for
you to write to and use on your HT.
(Don't forget to know for sure whether you
are purchasing the VHF or UHF versions)
Main Trading Company
Buy Two Way Radios
For PDF guides, software updates, extra
programs (tools) to tweak codeplugs,
codeplugs for other radios, and more
click the next link below...
(WARNING: Use these files at your own risk.)